Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Axis & Allies 1940 Global






  I have been playing Axis and Allies 1940 Global for about three months, almost every other weekend. Yes this game takes 8-12 hours to play, but is a blast! Even so we always have 6-8 players. The group I play with is studies WWII actively and we are tweeking the rules. I bought the Pacific 1940 and opened the box, then down loaded the 10 page errata/rules corrections. What a broken piece of crap it was! Rushed  into production. I was obsessed with getting the Europe game but it was going for $225 on ebay. I lucked out and got it for $88 new! I've tried my hand playing each of the factions. This game is fun and frustrating to play and time flies by. My only complaint is that America can't declare war until the end of the 3rd turn, because  historically Congress were "Isolationists" and wouldn't let Roosevelt declare war. Japan gets to invade Russia on turn one even though historically the Japanese invaded the soviet union twice, the first time it was 1937 and the last time it was 1940/1941. The Japanese were beaten back with heavy losses both times due to heavy fire power from Russian tanks-artillery -infantry by Marshal Georgi Zhukov.The game doesn't allow for this.


1 comment:

  1. So, how does this blogging work? Do we just leave a comment & it gets put with the other responses (in typical forum-type style?)

    ReplyDelete